In this special kid’s POV edition of the podcast, Asher answers questions from listeners — specifically our kid audience — about his social life. Like many differently-wired kids, social scenes aren’t always smooth sailing for Asher. He sometimes struggles to pick-up on others’ cues and his occasionally intense emotional reactions to certain situations can be off-putting to other kids.
We talk about it all in this episode, as Asher opens up about not only what’s challenging for him in relationship to other kids, but what strategies he’s using to get through these challenges and maintain friendships, something that is very important to him.
About Debbie and Asher: Debbie Reber is the founder of TiLT and the host of the TiLT Parenting Podcast. 11-year-old Asher is Debbie’s son and is regularly featured on the podcast. Find out more about Debbie and Asher by visiting the About Page.
QUESTIONS ASHER ANSWERS THIS EPISODE:
- What are your friendships like?
- What kind of challenges have you had in your friendships and how have you handled them?
- What happens when you have a meltdown in front of a friend?
- What do you do when kids are mean to you or call you names like “weirdo?”
- What advice do you have for kids starting a new school?
- How do you manage group situations that don’t go your way?
- Podcast episode about Screen Time: 11-year-old Asher Talks About Tracking & Managing Screen Time