This week I’m talking with Dr. Marsha Brown, a licensed psychologist with a specialty in forensic and clinical psychology. I’m especially excited to introduce my audience to Marsha’s work, because in addition to her interest in increasing understanding of topics surrounding mental health health, culture, bias, and forensic psychology, she is also the host of the new podcast, The Self-Care Chronicle, launched last Fall. (And you all know how I feel about self-care by now, so I highly encourage you to check it out.)
We cover a lot of topics in our conversation—from what Marsha’s seeing right now with kids and teens during the Covid-19 pandemic, to her work educating Law Enforcement Officers about interacting with neurodivergent individuals, to why she created the Self-Care Chronicle podcast and what she aims to do with it. This is another episode especially well-suited for this moment in time.
About Marsha: Dr. Marsha D. Brown is a Licensed Psychologist with extensive experience in the assessment, evaluation, diagnosis, and treatment of individuals of all ages. She is regularly sought out by professional and media organizations for her expertise in mental health, stress management, and self-care. Dr.Brown’s independent practice specializes in helping individuals and companies in high-stress fields to deconstruct stress to improve performance and quality of life. Dr. Brown is also the host of the podcast, The Self-Care Chronicle. In each episode, Dr. Brown chats with a mental health professional about their own stress management and self-care.
THINGS YOU’LL LEARN FROM THIS EPISODE:
- How Marsha works to reduce stigma and increase education surrounding mental health management, mental illness, and treatment
- What’s happening right now, in this time of Covid and the climate in the US, especially with neurodivergent kids and adolescents
- How Marsha works with School Resource and Law Enforcement Officers to educate them about interacting with neurodiverse individuals
- How can parents of differently wired kids be part of both protecting our kids and changing things, especially within schools
- Why Marsha created the Self-Care Chronicle podcast, and what it aims to do
- The Self-Care Chronicle (Dr. Brown’s podcast)