My guest this week is Dayna Abraham, founder of the popular blog Lemon Lime Adventures and author of The Superkids Activity Guide to Conquering Every Day. As a former teacher and as a differently wired mom of a differently wired kiddo, Dayna is passionate about helping parents and educators recognize and celebrate the unique superpowers of “out of the box” kids. Her latest venture is Calm the Chaos, a framework for parents to change their approach to behavior by understanding plus empowering the kids in their lives.
In our conversation, we discuss the importance of understanding how sensory processing affects us all, Dayna’s own journey of coming to terms with being a differently wired parent, and walk through a detailed real-life application of how her four-step approach can help parents go from chaos to calm.
About Dayna: Dayna Abraham, founder of the Calm the Chaos® Framework, best-selling author of The Superkids Activity Guide to Conquering Every Day and founder of the popular blog, Lemon Lime Adventures, helps parents and education professionals unlock the unique super powers in children so they can live a more peaceful life filled with clarity, connection and empowerment by providing them with a proven plan designed to Calm the Chaos® of everyday life. When she’s not writing, you can find her drinking lots of coffee and being the best sidekick possible for her own three Superkids.
THINGS YOU’LL LEARN FROM THIS EPISODE:
- Dayna’s personal story as a “champion of misfits” and why she started Lemon Lime Adventures and Calm the Chaos
- How being differently wired herself informs the work Dayna does
- How Dayna came to realize how important sensory issues are in shaping the way we all experience the world
- The four principles that form the basis of the Calm the Chaos framework and why it’s not about “tips and tricks”
- A detailed example of how the four-part framework can be applied to handling difficult moments
- Calm the Chaos Behavior Quiz
- The Superkids Activity Guide to Conquering Every Day by Dayna Abraham
- The Out-of-Sync Child: Recognizing and Coping with Sensory Processing Disorder by Carol Stock Kranowitz
THANKS SO MUCH FOR LISTENING!
Do you have an idea for an upcoming episode? We’d LOVE to hear from you. Please share your thoughts in our Suggestion Box!
And if you have any other feedback or thoughts you’d like to share, feel free to leave a comment below or send us a note directly through our Connect form.
If you liked this episode and know of others who would find value in the information, please use the social media share buttons below to help spread the word.
Lastly, if you are so willing, I encourage you to leave an honest review for the TiLT Parenting Podcast over on iTunes. Reviews are very important for helping podcasts find their audiences, and we would love your support in helping us find ours!