It’s a book! It’s a book! This week is a special BOOK RELEASE EPISODE where I finally get to say DIFFERENTLY WIRED IS HERE!
I asked my dear friend, and TiLT Parenting Podcast editor, Donna Bardsley to interview me for this episode. Donna and I met in Amsterdam, where Donna created and hosted the Amsterdam Mamas Podcast (listen to this interview about homeschooling in the Netherlands here). She’s a fantastic interviewer, asks great questions, and is super insightful…I thought she’d be the perfect person to have a deep conversation with about my new book Differently Wired: Raising an Exceptional Child in a Conventional World.
We cover uncharted territory in this conversation, including how Asher really feels about all of this, what was the reception when I first pitched the book as a memoir, my thoughts surrounding the anticipated resistance that will stem from trying to shake up the current paradigm, and much more. I hope you enjoy the conversation! And to learn more about my book, Differently Wired, click here.
About Debbie: Debbie Reber is a New York Times bestselling author and the founder of TiLT Parenting, a website, top podcast, and social media community for parents who are raising differently wired children. To find out more about Debbie, visit the TiLT Parenting About Page.
About Donna: Donna Bardsley is a practicing insomniac, would-be writer, has-been podcaster, and a never-will-be foodie. As the mother of a few quirky and sensitive kids, she loves editing the TiLT Parenting Podcast. She currently lives in the Pacific Northwest with her husband, three children, and one slightly neurotic dog.
THINGS YOU’LL LEARN FROM THIS EPISODE:
- How the process for writing this book differed from the other books I’ve written
- How I went about getting endorsements from thought leaders for Differently Wired
- Who I see as the bigger audience for this book and my ideas for getting it on their radar
- How Differently Wired is different from other books in the special needs parenting genre
- What my vision and greatest hope is for the book
- How Asher feels about the book
- Differently Wired: Raising an Exceptional Child in a Conventional World by Debbie Reber (on Amazon)
- When Parenting Takes You Somewhere Different (Amsterdam Mamas podcast episode
THANKS SO MUCH FOR LISTENING!
Do you have an idea for an upcoming episode? We’d LOVE to hear from you. Please share your thoughts in our Suggestion Box!
And if you have any other feedback or thoughts you’d like to share, feel free to leave a comment below or send us a note directly through our Connect form.
If you liked this episode and know of others who would find value in the information, please use the social media share buttons below to help spread the word.
Lastly, if you are so willing, I encourage you to leave an honest review for the TiLT Parenting Podcast over on iTunes. Reviews are very important for helping podcasts find their audiences, and we would love your support in helping us find ours!