In this special kid’s POV edition of the podcast, Asher and I take listeners inside our homeschooling world. We’re about to begin year four of this unexpected homeschooling journey, and after much trial and error, we’ve found our rhythm and flow (for now) for what works best in our school.
In this episode, Asher and I talk about the transition into homeschooling, what works and what doesn’t, how Asher really feels about being homeschooling, how we co-designed our school, and what a typical day looks like for us. Asher also shares his thoughts on how our relationship has changed as a result of our homeschooling dynamic.
About Debbie and Asher: Debbie Reber is the founder of TiLT and the host of the TiLT Parenting Podcast. 12-year-old Asher is Debbie’s son and is regularly featured on the podcast. Find out more about Debbie and Asher by visiting the About Page.
THINGS YOU’LL LEARN FROM THIS EPISODE:
- The pros and cons of homeschooling from a kid’s POV
- How Asher and I have co-designed our school structure, schedule, and curriculum
- How structure and flexibility can actually co-exist
- What a typical school day looks like in our world
- What I see as the biggest benefits of homeschooling Asher
- How Asher perceives our teacher-student relationship versus mother-son
- Kurzgesagt YouTube Channel
- Ted-Ed Videos