In this special kid’s POV edition of the podcast, Asher and I take listeners inside our homeschooling world. We’re about to begin year four of this unexpected homeschooling journey, and after much trial and error, we’ve found our rhythm and flow (for now) for what works best in our school.
In this episode, Asher and I talk about the transition into homeschooling, what works and what doesn’t, how Asher really feels about being homeschooling, how we co-designed our school, and what a typical day looks like for us. Asher also shares his thoughts on how our relationship has changed as a result of our homeschooling dynamic.
About Debbie and Asher: Debbie Reber is the founder of TiLT and the host of the TiLT Parenting Podcast. 12-year-old Asher is Debbie’s son and is regularly featured on the podcast. Find out more about Debbie and Asher by visiting the About Page.
THINGS YOU’LL LEARN FROM THIS EPISODE:
- The pros and cons of homeschooling from a kid’s POV
- How Asher and I have co-designed our school structure, schedule, and curriculum
- How structure and flexibility can actually co-exist
- What a typical school day looks like in our world
- What I see as the biggest benefits of homeschooling Asher
- How Asher perceives our teacher-student relationship versus mother-son
- Asher’s The Ore Chronicles series for the Kindle
- Kurzgesagt YouTube Channel
- Ted-Ed Videos
THANKS SO MUCH FOR LISTENING!
Do you have an idea for an upcoming episode? We’d LOVE to hear from you. Please share your thoughts in our Suggestion Box!
And if you have any other feedback or thoughts you’d like to share, feel free to leave a comment below or send us a note directly through our Connect form.
If you liked this episode and know of others who would find value in the information, please use the social media share buttons below to help spread the word.
Lastly, if you are so willing, I encourage you to leave an honest review for the TiLT Parenting Podcast over on iTunes. Reviews are very important for helping podcasts find their audiences, and we would love your support in helping us find ours!