10 Podcast Episodes That Are Guaranteed to Tilt Your Thinking
Since launching TiLT Parenting nearly 4 years ago, I’ve had conversations with close to 200 guests, all centered around finding more joy, purpose, and confidence in raising and supporting differently wired children. Looking back at this body of work, there are many interviews that have stayed with me in a profound way and continue to shape the way I parent and experience my daily life.
If you’re in need of a reframe, a boost, a feeling of connection, or some powerful mind-shifting inspiration, add these 10 podcast episodes to your queue or listen (or re-listen) to them below:
- Dr. Mona Delahooke Looks Beyond Challenging Behaviors: Pediatric psychologist and author Mona Delahooke talks about her new book “Beyond Behaviors: Using Brain Science and Compassion to Understand and Solve Children’s Behavioral Challenges.
- Barry Prizant Talks About His Book “Uniquely Human”: Author, speaker, and consultant Dr. Barry Prizant talks about his groundbreaking book, “Uniquely human: A Different Way of Seeing Autism.”
- The Self-Driven Child with William Stixrud and Ned Johnson: Neuropsychologist William Stixrud PhD and Ned Johnson talk about their game-changing book “The Self-Driven Child” and explain the importance of supporting our child’s sense of control and autonomy.
- Julie Lythcott-Haims on Helping Kids Successfully Launch: Speaker, author, and former Stanford dean of freshman Julie Lythcott-Haims (‘How to Raise an Adult”) shares what she’s learned about how we can help our children develop advocacy skills, confidence, and self-efficacy so they can have a successful transition to adulthood.
- Psychologist Dr. Dan Peters on Parenting with Intention and Purpose: Psychologist and author Dr. Dan Peters explores what parenting with purpose and intention looks like, explains how it benefits children, and walks us through his new Parent Footprint Awareness Training.
- Educator Zach Morris on World-View Transformation: Educator and school co-founder Zach Morris talks about what it takes to support our differently wired children in transforming their world-view and positively shifting their mindset.
- Dr. Ross Greene on the Power of Collaborative and Proactive Solutions: Dr. Ross Greene, author of “The Explosive Child,” explains how parents can tap into the power and benefits of collaboratively problem solving with their differently wired kids.
- Debbie and Her Husband Derin Talk About Parenting a Differently Wired Child: Debbie and her husband Derin have an honest, open, and vulnerable conversation about their (up and down) journey as a couple navigating parenting a differently wired child.
- A Conversation with Autism and Neurodiversity Support Specialist Kristy Forbes: Autism and neurodiversity support specialist Kristy Forbes (InTune Pathways) talks about her personal journey, as well as how parents can best support, see, and embrace their neurodivergent, demand-avoidant children.
- A Conversation with Steve Silberman About His Book “Neurotribes”: Science writer and author Steve Silberman talks about his boko “Neurotribes: The Legacy of Autism and the Future of Neurodiversity.”