In this episode of the TiLT Parenting Podcast, I sit down with my dear friend and super talented life coach Kanesha Baynard to talk about the relationship we have with our parents and in-laws while also navigating our own journey as parents. Kanesha is an expert in multigenerational family dynamics and in this episode, we cover a lot of ground—the common challenges, tackling uncomfortable conversations, designing an alliance with our parents and in-laws, and much more.
If you’ve ever had a communications fail or conflict or disagreement with your own parent or parent-in-law over some aspect of raising your own child, Kanesha’s perspective and practical strategies will undoubtedly inspire you to foster a dynamic that will best serve the whole family and meet everyone’s needs in a respectful way moving forward.
About Kanesha: Kanesha Baynard is a professional and personal certified life coach, educator, facilitator, blogger, and crafter who who helps people live boldly by harmonizing mind, body, spirit, and creativity. She also helps multigenerational families trying to figure out life under one roof. Find out more at Bold Living Today.
THINGS YOU’LL LEARN FROM THIS EPISODE:
- How to recognize and understand generational differences between our parents parenting style and our own
- Strategies for handling difficult conversations with our parents
- How to handle it when we feel judged by our parents or in-laws
- How to take care of our needs and our kids needs during difficult moments
- How to ask for what you need from your parents and in-laws in a respectful way
RESOURCES MENTIONED (and some extra goodies from Kanesha):
- Kanesha Baynard’s website Bold Living Today
- The Self-Love Playbook for #BOLDTHINKERS by Kanesha Baynard
Do you have an idea for an upcoming episode? We’d LOVE to hear from you. Please share your thoughts in our Suggestion Box!
And if you have any other feedback or thoughts you’d like to share, feel free to leave a comment below or send us a note directly through our Connect form.
If you liked this episode and know of others who would find value in the information, please use the social media share buttons below to help spread the word.
Lastly, if you are so willing, I encourage you to leave an honest review for the TiLT Parenting Podcast over on iTunes. Reviews are very important for helping podcasts find their audiences, and we would love your support in helping us find ours!